Now you can almost instantly change the look of your smile if you have uneven teeth, gaps, discoloration, unaligned teeth, or chipped or broken teeth. Veneers provide a great solution to a less-than-perfect smile. Dr. Chow and his experienced staff are excited to provide their skills and high tech dental procedures that will result in a long lasting, beautiful smile you will be proud of. Get the best porcelain veneers Thousand Oaks has to offer with the outstanding dental team at Model Smile Dentistry.
Veneers are strong, thin porcelain coverings custom made in a lab and bonded to a natural tooth. Top Camarillo & Simi Valley dentist, Dr. Chow, has the expertise to make sure the veneer is the right shape, color and size so it will match surrounding teeth.
In addition to providing a stunning, white smile with even teeth that look natural, veneers also provide other benefits. For example, not only do they cover cracked, broken teeth or weakened teeth, but also provide additional strength and protection. Damaged teeth open the door to tooth decay and gum disease, and veneers provide a formidable defense because teeth with veneers are easier to brush and floss.
An Affordable Option to Braces
When teeth are slightly misaligned or rotated, veneers can be the perfect economic option. Veneers can change their appearance and make your teeth look straight without having to go through brackets and wires attached to your teeth. To learn whether you are a candidate for dental veneers, schedule a consultation today with top Malibu & Agoura Hills dentist, Dr. Chow, to discuss your options.
Dental Veneers: Procedure
- A tooth being prepped for a veneer is slightly shaved back to compensate for the thickness of the veneer. Veneers are very thin, similar to the thickness of eggshell, although very tough. Dr. Chow will first remove any decay found if necessary. In some cases, an anesthetic may not even be necessary for this trimming step.
- Using a shade guide, Dr. Chow will find the correct shade of porcelain that will match as closely as possible your surrounding teeth. Porcelain veneers are also translucent, just like natural teeth.
- An impression will be taken of your teeth and gums in order to make a model of your jaw. Our high tech lab will use this model to custom make your veneer.
- You may have a temporary veneer attached to your tooth during the period when your permanent veneer is being made. It depends on how much of your natural tooth had to be shaved. If it was only slight, it may be possible to not have a temporary attached. Dr. Chow will go over this option with you in your initial visit.
- The permanent veneer will be bonded to the tooth. If you had a temporary veneer in the interim, Dr. Chow will remove it. He will carefully trim or reshape it as needed until it fits perfectly. You may not even need an anesthetic for this process.
- Dr. Chow will also make any needed final touches to the color of the veneer. Although he chooses the closest match possible, it may not be a perfect match. The cementing material can also be fine tuned to make slight changes in the color.
- Once the fit and color are finalized, your tooth's surface will be etched in order to create a rougher surface for the cement to adhere to. A curing light will be aimed at the veneered tooth to set the cement. This takes only a minute or two.
- Dr. Chow will now do the final touches, including checking your bite and polishing the veneer.
You can now enjoy greater confidence in showing the world your new straight and radiant smile!
To learn more about the best porcelain veneers Thousand Oaks has to offer, please call Model Smile Dentistry. Simply make an appointment, and you can discuss your options with Dr. Chow. He is very happy to answer all your questions so you are confident about your decision.
Schedule a Consultation
We welcome the opportunity to help you understand the state of your oral health with a consultation with Thousand Oaks dentist, Dr. Albert Chow. He will conduct a thorough examination and discuss the results with you, ensuring you understand all of your dental options.